Director, Ticket Operations - Location: Towson University (Towson, MD; Baltimore MD area)
FanSummit is a leading global sport and entertainment industry consulting and revenue strategy company. FanSummit’s clients include collegiate and professional sports organizations.
The Director of Ticket Operations is responsible for all ticket operations and box office duties. The position will be working closely with ticket sales staff, Tiger Athletic Fund (TAF) and other external and internal personnel. The position is responsible for, but not limited to, building events in Archtics, building promotional codes, order fulfillment, reporting and making sure events and theme days have inventory available to be purchase online, over the phone and through all sales channels.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage all aspects of ticket operations and oversee ticket operations team
- This position will be focused on developing year-round ticket operations calendar and responsibilities to perform processing, fulfillment and work closely with ticket sales staff and Tiger Athletic Fund (TAF) to deliver the highest level of customer service and relationship management.
- Manage, hire, train, and schedule our ticket office student staff including events held on nights and weekends is expected.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision and coordination of ticket and sales processing, ticket distribution, financial reporting, and event management.
- Assist with ticket sales website and all online ticket sales functions.
- Assist with the day-to-day working relationship with the outside partners and University Auxiliary Services.
- Assist in maintaining proper internal controls in regard to cash handling, PCI compliance, and other Athletic department and University (Office of Accounting and Business Services). established policy.
- The right candidate will know how to lead by example, communicate policy and procedures to the internal and external staff, and be able to motivate a team of hard-working ticket operations and service professionals.
- The candidate will be held accountable to certain levels of activity and production.
- Be able to prepare sales reports weekly for upper management of organization and senior staff administrators of Towson Athletics.
- Due to the nature of this industry, the candidate must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weeknights, select weekends and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports, Business Management, Marketing, or similar concentration preferred.
- 1-2 years of sales experience in a sports environment is preferred
- Must have a strong sales strategy with persistence and creativity
- Must be have strong relationship building skills with external customers
- Basic computer skills, including G-Suite
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills in addition to a strong telephone presence.
- Be willing to work weekends and evenings, including all games and various events
- Experience with Archtics, Paciolan and other ticketing software
- 4 year college degree or combination of equivalent education and experience
- 3-5 years of Ticket Operations experience in a sport and entertainment business environment, or commensurate Graduate School, Internship and other Experiences
- Ability to learn in a dynamic environment
- Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Strong computer proficiency including experience with excel and other database management systems
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Show initiative and be a self-starter
- Possess creative, strategic, and quantitative skills sets
Reports to: General Manager of Ticket Sales and Senior Associate Athletics Director, Strategic Communications
EEOC: FanSummit, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Contact: All interested parties should send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (407) 921-2212
Deadline : 10/30/2021
Start : October 2021